Small Business Legal Services
Business Law Legal Services For Small Businesses
Jane offers corporate/business legal services to local small and medium-sized businesses in New Orleans and Southeast Louisiana. Regardless of whether you have an existing business or are starting a new business, Jane offers cost effective small business services.
If you’re starting a business, Jane can review your business plan(s), and provide you with experienced guidance on the legal and practical issues of starting a new business in Louisiana.
Corporate Entity Formation
When forming or reorganizing a business, the type of corporate entity is has many implications. Jane can guide you on your options as to the type of entity that’s right for your business and provide the legal services to create the legal entity that best suits your needs and the law, including preparing articles of incorporation, bylaws and all necessary forms and documents. A business attorney like Jane can assist you in forming the following entities:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- C Corporation
- S Corporation
- Professional Corporation
As a small business attorney, Jane will review, draft and negotiate contracts involving business law, employment law, and construction law. She can assist in the negotiation of contracts between businesses, employees/employers, vendors/suppliers, landlords/tenants, and business partners, as well.
A sampling of some of the agreements and contracts Jane can provide include:
- Business Purchase Agreements
- Construction Contracts
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA’s)
- Business Sale Agreements
- Disclaimers For Websites
- Operating Agreements
- Services Agreements
- Corporate Shareholder Agreements
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- LLC Member Agreements
- Partnership Agreements
- Terms & Conditions For Websites
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (e.g. NDA’s)
- Settlement Agreements
Corporate Entity Records
Corporations are responsible for maintaining their legal entity status, through the maintenance of various records and registration with the Louisiana Secretary of State. For example, Jane can draft shareholder agreements, equity agreements, corporate minutes, and many other corporate records a corporation must have in place in order to maintain its corporate entity and ensure the appropriate records are kept up to date with the State of Louisiana.
Corporation Name Change
Should your company experience the need for structural or name changes, as a small business attorney Jane can assist corporations with re-branding issues such as changing a corporation’s name and amending articles of incorporation.
Corporation Entity Status
Should your company’s status be classified as suspended, Jane can help corporations revive and reinstate their corporation status.
Business Litigation & Lawsuits
Jane and her partner Vincent Booth are experienced, skilled litigators and represent businesses in state and federal courts, arbitration proceedings, and mediations and negotiations. They have vast experience handling complex litigation matters including multi-million dollar lawsuits. The following is a small sample of some business litigation matters they’ve handled:
- Business Disputes/Lawsuits
- Filing of Request For Entry of Default/Judgment for unpaid debts
- Disputes and litigate lawsuits involving businesses, partners, shareholders, officers, and vendors
- Non-Compete & Non-Solicitation Contract Disputes
- Breach of Fiduciary Duties
- Breach of Contract Litigation/Lawsuits
- Piercing of the Corporate Veil
- Intentional Interference With Prospective Economic Advantage
- Employment litigation. (e.g. wage/hour, sexual harassment, and wrongful termination lawsuits)
- Wrongful Expulsion and/or Dissociation From Partnership/Corporation/LLC
- Defamation of Business and/or Proprietors
- Unfair Competition
- Unjust Enrichment
- Consumer Lawsuits
- Trade Secret Misappropriation
- Class Actions
If you have a legal business matter that is not listed on this page, contact Jane she may be able to assist you. Feel free to call Jane at 504-482-5292 or e-mail her.